The Book-Ends of The 7 Churches
We cannot read the Book of Revelation or The Bible in general as if it were a Novel. Depending on the Book in Scripture, the texts OFTEN do not follow one another in a historic or chronological sequence, rather they move side by side. Sometimes The Holy Spirit runs to the end of time, then returns, to supply in detail the entire picture of what He has outlined for us.
John hurries with great anticipation to the Grand Finale. Rev. 1:4-7
Let’s watch Christ make promises that fill us with great anticipation AND THEN confirm/fulfill that promise upon His return.
I call this The Book-Ends of the 7 Churches.
1. Here Christ is Speaking BEFORE The Rapture promising who He is:
- Rev. 1:8 “I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last . . . the first and the last.“
- Rev. 1:17 “Fear not; I am the first and the last:”
2. Here Christ is Speaking AFTER The Rapture confirming who He is:
- Rev. 22:13 “I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.”
Notice in The Letter to the 7 Churches:
- There is great anticipation of the promises of Christ. (Before The Rapture) =1.
- The Holy Spirit confirms/fulfills those promises. (At The Rapture) = 2.
- Rev. 2:7 “To him that overcometh will I give to eat of THE TREE of LIFE, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.”
- Rev. 22:2 “In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there THE TREE of LIFE…”
- Rev. 2:11 “He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the SECOND DEATH.”
- Rev. 20:6 “Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the SECOND DEATH hath no power…”
- Rev. 2:17 “To him that overcometh… I will give him a white (pure) STONE (A token given to the Saints to Join The Marriage Supper of the Lamb!), and in THE STONE a new name written,” (The Bride takes the name of the Groom!)
- Rev. 19:7-9 “the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready” See ISAIAH 62:2 & ISAIAH 65:15
- Rev. 2:26-28 “And he that overcometh…I will give him the MORNING STAR.”
- Rev. 22:16 “I am the bright and MORNING STAR.“
- Rev. 3:5 “He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in WHITE RAIMENT”
- Rev. 19:8 “And to her was granted that she should be ARRAYED IN FINE LINEN, CLEAN and WHITE.”
- Rev. 3:12 “Him that overcometh, I will write upon Him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God.”
- Rev. 21:2 “I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”
- Rev. 3:21 “To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my THRONE, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his THRONE.”
- Rev. 20:4“And I saw THRONES, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them.”
Hope this helps your study…